What’s better than a warm cookie fresh from the oven? Not much, right? And this plant-based tahini date skillet cookie totally hits the spot. It’s warm, delicious and so easy to make. And for a Healthyish twist, this recipe is completely dairy free!
I love this tahini date skillet cookie so much because its something the entire family can enjoy! Whether you serve it warm from the oven or have the patience to let it cool, you’re in for the perfect Healthyish dessert.
– cast iron skillet
– 2 mixing bowls
– food processor
– 3/4 cup chopped Kartago pitted dates (about 12 Deglet Noor dates) – 1 cup AP flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 cup tahini
– 1/2 cup almond milk
– 3/4 cup coconut sugar
– 1 tablespoon maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Gently spray a cast-iron skillet with baking spray. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the AP flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl combine the coconut sugar, vanilla extract, maple syrup, tahini and almond milk. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
5. Grab a food processor and chop your dates into smaller sized pieces. I used about 12 dates or 3/4 cup.
6. Add the pieces into the tahini mixture. Stir until well combined.
7. Pour the wet tahini mixture into the dry ingredients. Blend until your cookie batter forms.
8. Add the batter into the prepared skillet. And press it down using a spatula. You want the batter to be evenly pressed into the skillet.
9. Option to add some dark chocolate pieces to the top before baking. 10. Bake for 22-23 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
11. Serve warm with dairy free ice cream or let it cool and slice it into pieces.
AUTHOR: SARAH THOMAS-DRAWBAUGH
Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Deglet Noor Pitted Dates
- Origin: The Djerid Oasis – Tunisia
- Dates are not only a delicious, healthy snack, but also can be used in cooking and baking for bread, fruit and nut energy bar, oatmeal toppings, smoothie, and high sugar alternative such as syrups and caramels.
- Deglet Noor dates are rich in iron, potassium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous, calcium and vitamin B3. They are also very rich in fiber and helps with digestive health
Fixed shipping cost per unit: $8.00