The reason this recipe is literally the best, is due to the Kartago organic date syrup. This natural sweetener is rich in flavor, velvety in texture and takes this pumpkin bread recipe to the next level. If you’ve never tried date syrup, it’s great for baking, salad dressings, and is delicious in tea.
Give this incredible recipe a try. You’ll be so glad you did! Oh, and if you’re looking for more bread recipes, try my old school banana bread! It’s perfect any time of the year.
Two 8″ x 3″ and 7/8 inch foil baking containers
Two mixing bowls
– 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
– 1 cup coconut sugar cane sugar is fine too
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup pumpkin puree make sure it is not pumpkin mix
– 1 tablespoon date syrup I use Kartago brand
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup 2% milk
– 2 cups AP flour – all purpose flour I did NOT test any other flour in this recipe
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– Chocolate chips – optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Gently spray your foil baking containers with baking spray. Set aside.
3. Cream the room temperature butter and coconut sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add one egg at a time, making sure to whisk until well combined.
5. Next, you’ll add the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, date syrup, and milk to the butter / sugar / egg mixture. Whisk until well combined.
6. Then, you’ll prepare the dry ingredients.
7. In a large mixing bowl, combined the AP flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined.
8. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter forms and it is smooth and creamy.
9. Split the batter between two 8″x 3” 7/8 inch baking containers.
10. Bake for 45-46 minutes or until cooked through.
11. Storage: Best of enjoyed within 4-5 days. Make sure to cover the bread with foil when leaving it on the counter. You can also freeze this bread as well. WIll stay fresh for up to 1 month in the freezer.
AUTHOR: SARAH THOMAS-DRAWBAUGH
Sarah Thomas-Drawbaugh is a recipe developer and creator of the brand, Healthyish Foods®. Sarah makes plant-based, fish and chicken recipes that are simple and delicious. Her work can be seen in Healthy-ish by Bon Appetit and Bon Appetit Magazine (digital), Women’s Health Magazine (digital) and Mind Body Green. Sarah is a Pittsburgh, PA native but currently lives in Vail, Colorado with her husband, Dan and rescue dog, Graci!
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Dates
- No Sugar Added – No Preservatives – No Artificial Flavors
- Origin: The Djerid Oasis – Tunisia
- Elevate your breakfast by drizzling our date syrup on oatmeal, pancakes, greek yogurt and toast. Make a smoothie, homemade energy bars, salad dressings, and meat marinades.
Date syrup is less sweet than agave nectar and honey but sweeter than granulated sugar. It makes a great substitution for sugar in baking and cooking.
Fixed shipping cost per unit :$6